October 2011 – Wilderness is thrilled that Mombo and Little Mombo were placed ninth in the Top 100 Condé Nast Traveler (US) Readers’ Choice Awards 2011. In addition, several of our camps were included in the top 20 of the Best of Africa and the Middle East category: Mombo and Little Mombo ranked fourth, Savuti placed tenth and Little Vumbura eleventh.
The Readers’ Choice Awards are gleaned from more than 8 million votes cast in the annual Readers’ Choice survey by some 28 876 Condé Nast Traveler readers who rated the cities, islands and hotels that they visited over the last year.
The Top 100 category rates the best travel experiences on six continents, and we are duly proud that Mombo Camp’s high levels of service and outstanding experience have garnered this recognition from the discerning readers of Condé Nast Traveler. Excellence in location, service, and wildlife experiences while entrenching African conservation through our 4Cs sustainability framework is a true expression of the Wilderness vision.
Notes to editor:
- Wilderness Safaris is a conservation organisation and ecotourism company that specialises in memorable wildlife experiences in some of the most remote and pristine areas in southern Africa. In this way it offers its guests private access to three million hectares of southern Africa’s finest wildlife reserves, while remaining fiercely committed to protecting our planet’s precious natural and cultural resources.
- Wilderness Safaris operates camps and safaris in some of southern Africa’s best wildlife and wilderness reserves across seven different countries – Botswana, Namibia, Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe and the Seychelles.
- Recognising that conservation is as much about people as about the environment, the company has pursued important goals through its Children in the Wilderness programme, as well as through the Wilderness Safaris Wildlife Trust, which have helped change the face of nature-based tourism in southern Africa.
- Wilderness Safaris firmly believes that its single most important achievement to date is to have built a sustainable business model that does not compromise environmental principles and which provides jobs, training, skills, careers, adjusted horizons, hope and a realistic alternative to less sustainable development.
- Wilderness Safaris is part of the Wilderness organisation, a group of responsible ecotourism companies and conservation and community development vehicles that together endeavour to use responsible tourism to build sustainable conservation economies in Africa.
OUR JOURNEYS CHANGE LIVES
While we welcome you disseminating Wilderness Safaris news through your own media contacts, please ensure that your company name is mentioned and that toll free numbers are not advertised as a "Wilderness Safaris number".