Wilderness is a luxury ecotourism organisation, made up of well-known companies like Wilderness Safaris, that creates journeys through the most remote and beautiful wild areas in Africa for guests while at the same time sharing the benefits with local communities.
- Africa’s largest luxury ecotourism company
- More than 70 camps in 9 different African countries
- Traverses more than 3 million hectares (7 million acres) of conservation land
- Two influential non-profit trusts: Wilderness Wildlife Trust; Children in the Wilderness
- Winner of multiple responsible tourism awards
Wilderness is a conservation organisation made up of ecotourism companies and non-profit trusts that believes in using responsible tourism to build sustainable conservation economies in Africa. We do this by creating journeys through the most remote and beautiful wild areas in southern Africa for our guests while at the same time sharing the benefits of tourism with local communities.
Through our travel divisions – Wilderness Safaris, Wilderness Adventures, Wilderness Explorations and Wilderness Air – we operate a portfolio of some 70 lodges, camps and safaris in nine African countries: Botswana, Congo, Kenya, Namibia, Malawi, Seychelles, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Our non-profit trusts – Children in the Wilderness and the Wilderness Wildlife Trust – ensure we make a difference in Africa.